Well, I have ten days left. I have to say that I have more will power than I thought I did.
Going into this I thought it would be hard. In some ways it has been but in other ways it has really stretched me out of my comfort zones.
Instead of going out, I stayed in and painted. My creativity was sparked.
Instead of staying out late, I climbed in my bed and I relished how comfy it was and because I forced myself to rest, my body felt refreshed in the morning.
Instead of saying yes, I said no and felt good about it. However, on the flip side, I have said yes to things that I would have been afraid of before.
Instead of focusing on how alone I feel, my eyes have been opened to New possibilities of living life in a different way.
Here are some of the things that have changed in thirty days as well:
1. I am writing more
2. Attending art shows with MY art!
3. Focused even more on my family and home
4. Leading a small church group from my house.
And here are a few of the more humorous things I’ve noticed:
( don’t judge me)
5. I have not shaved my legs quite as often (what’s the point?)
6. I throw on yoga clothes or my jammies as soon as I get home from work. (After all, where the heck am I going?)
7. No need to spend hours on my hair. Just the classic twist and my clip and I call it done.
8. No b.s texting, and wondering if someone likes me or does’t like me.
Or even more, no waisting my time with guys that I wasn’t sure about in the first place.
9. I discovered that 99.9 percent of the time, my gut feeling was right on.
There you have it, some of the joys of the man fast. Who knows what the last ten days will bring….