I wanted to share the following verses that were written on the wall of Mother Teresa’s home for Children in Calcutta, India and are widely attributed to her. They are so useful even in our own lives where we are surrounded by material wealth and luxury way more than others are around the world.
- People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
- If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
- If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
- If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
- What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
- If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
- The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
- Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
**In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was NEVER between you and them anyway.
Aren’t we created to live this way? Why do we spend our days so angry and disappointed with our lives when we could be doing good things with it? Be forgiving, love with everything we have inside of us. Give when we have the opportunity and even when we have little to give. Sometimes when we sacrifice it actually means more.
When our friends are sick, bring them some soup. When they are discouraged offer a hug…a big hug, not some puny one with a little tap-tap on the shoulder.
Life is meant to live to the fullest and you never know when it will be taken from us. So live it well, live it with love and joy and contentment for the people you have around you and every blessing that God has given, no matter how small and insignificant you may think those things are. Even when we don’t feel like it, sometimes we just have to do it anyway!